Accessibility Statement for ALINE
This is an accessibility statement from ALINE.
Measures to support accessibility
ALINE takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of ALINE:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Retaining the ability to adjust the font size
- Maintaining color/contrast ratios for text
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. ALINE is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of ALINE. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on ALINE:
We try to respond to feedback within 3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
ALINE is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Our websites are supported natively in widely-distributed user agents that are also accessibility supported (such as HTML and CSS).
- We create our websites to be compatible with common up-to-date web browsers and operating systems.
- Our websites have been tested for interoperability with users' assistive technology in the human language(s) of the content.
- Recent versions of popular screen readers
- Operating system screen magnifiers
ALINE is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of ALINE relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of ALINE , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for ALINE:
- Images or content added by clients might not be accessible: We build our websites with ADA in mind and run them through ADA testers before making them live. Our clients have been trained on ADA compliance and content entry. However, that does not mean they will always comply. This is because we cannot ensure the quality of clients' content after they take over managing the content of the website.. We continue to train our clients on ADA compliance and run audits on clients where this is approved.. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
ALINE assessed the accessibility of ALINE by the following approaches:
- A formal quality assurance process throughout the design and development process. We also run our websites through ADA testers before making them live to catch any potential issues.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 3 business days, and to propose a solution to our clients within 10 business days.
Optimizing your computer for your needs
The DisABLEd Workers website provides guidance to make your computer more accessible. It offers help with seeing the screen, using your keyboard and mouse, hearing sounds, enabling text to speech, and with reading and spelling.
This statement was created on 20 February 2022